Summer break is just around the corner for me, and I find myself optimistically happy about this. Last year, summer break was very short due to end of work dates before summer camp started, and an unexpected move. Naturally, I don’t really wish a repeat of that, so I’ve been thinking about adventures. Granted, the Devil’s Backbone Virginia craft brew adventure pack I picked up last night is also helping to turn my mind toward adventure.
There are two of each of the collaborative brews included, so my son and I sat down to sample them. This year, the brews are:
- Craic Stout (4.6% ABV, 39 IBU): Classic Irish Style Dry Stout, a collaboration with Mad Fox Brewing Company
- Cross Eyed Stranger (7.8% ABV, 90 IBU): India Pale Ale with Exotic Hops, a collaboration with Ocelot Brewing Company
- Tide de Mars (6.1% ABV, 21 IBU): Bier de Mars Ale, a collaboration with O’Connor Brewing Company
- Sixth Circle Sour IPA (5.7% ABV, 19 IBU): Sour India Pale Ale, a collaboration with Parkway Brewing Company
- Crystall Brett (5.5% ABV, 26 IBU): Special Ale Brewed with Crystal hops, a collaboration with Three Notch’d Brewing Company.
- Devils Backbone Basecamp Favorite Vienna Lager (5.2% ABV, 18 IBU) is also featured in the Adventure Pack.
Let’s make small talk~
How do you find time for adventures when you’re busy? Or do you, like me, live vicariously through the adventures of others whilst biding your time?
I have to be honest and give them all a five out five star rating.
The Sixth Circle Sour was especially tasty in the heat of the afternoon, which bumped it up for me. I have the feeling that if I tried it in cooler weather it would have only gotten 3 out of five.
Sadly, we sat down without any note taking equipment — just ourselves and our taste buds, and the sultry June evening. The good news is, this means I need to get another pack next weekend so we can properly make notes about the sampler pack whilst we plan out our day trip to Virginia.